The 2022 SCCTLA-Belli Seminar
In the tradition of the late Melvin Belli, the seminar is a venue for the sharing of cutting-edge strategies, tactics, and techniques that will grow your law firm. The seminar is moderated by Melvin Caesar Belli, son of the late "King of Torts". Once again, the seminar addresses the day-to-day challenges of the solo and smaller plaintiff practitioners.
The four-hour seminar is fast-paced. Each of the presenters is provided with 15 minutes to teach and share in the tradition of the late Mr. Melvin Belli. Don't miss this outstanding program and earn up to 4 CLE units.
Confirmed presenters (additional presenters to be announced):
- Mark Geragos
- The only lawyer besides Johnnie Cochran ever named “Lawyer of the Year” in both Criminal and Civil arenas. He has represented some of the most prominent figures in the world.
- Elinor Leary, The Veen Firm
- Elinor has tried cases to verdict as well as reached large settlements in numerous other cases, including cases listed in The Recorder's "Top Settlements" publications.
- Anne Kepner, Needham, Kepner & Fish
- Anne represents plaintiffs in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases along with serving as a long-time presenter of the popular "What's New in Tort & Trial" program.
- Craig Peters
- Craig serves as CAOC President. He also handles complex and catastrophic cases involving severe injury or death. He has a record of success in both settling and trying cases to verdict.
- Randall H. Scarlett
- Mr. Scarlett has been named one of the leading plaintiffs’ lawyers in America by Lawdragon Magazine and has for many years been listed as one of the top northern California lawyers by San Francisco Magazine.
- Lisa Peck
- An employment and civil rights lawyer, Lisa was selected by the National Law Journal as one of two finalists for Elite Trial Lawyer of 2018 in the category of gender discrimination.
- Nina Shapirshteyn
- Nina has been honored for her $79.8 million jury verdict as lead counsel. Pro-bono CEO and Founder of Fight With Ukraine.
- Lauren Cerri
- Lauren won a $65 million single plaintiff jury verdict in a school sex abuse case. And together with Natalie Weatherford, the total jury verdict was $102.5 million.
- Santa Clara County Presiding Judge, Theodore C. Zayner
- Katrina Saleen
- Katrina has won multi million dollar plus defamation cases through settlement and verdict.
This activity is approved for Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. This program qualifies for four hours of General MCLE credit. SCCTLA is a certified provider. Provider #3376.
Continental breakfast provided beginning at 8:30 am.