We are pleased to introduce a fall Girls' Basketball program, in partnership with Crescent Sports Club (CSC), that will focus on several fundamental skills and game-scenario drills. The basketball program will run for six (6) weeks and include six 1.25 hour sessions. it will focus on several fundamental skills and help prepare the girls for game-scenario drills as well.
Clinics will run Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 7:20 pm from November 2 to December 7, 2023.
Girls will be divided into two groups based on age: ages 5-9 and 10-13. There are limited spots available to ensure proper learning opportunities.
● Sessions 1 & 2: focus on offence
● Sessions 3 & 4: focus on defence
● Sessions 5 & 6: focus on offence, defence, and game-scenario drills
All sessions include the following components:
● Dynamic stretching
○ IQ component: understanding the importance of stretching for injury prevention
● Ball-handling and dribbling
○ IQ component: understanding the importance of using the fingertips
● Fundamentals of man-to-man defence
○ IQ component: understanding the importance of a low defensive stance + slide
The following components will be taught during the program:
● Passing + footwork
○ IQ component: understanding the importance of moving towards the ball
● More fundamentals of man-to-man defence: see man, see ball; how to deny
● Fundamentals of rebounding
○ IQ component: understanding the purpose of the box-out
● Spacing on offence
● Game-scenario drills
● Cooldown Conversations (session 6 only)
○ IQ component: understanding the importance of cooling down
○ Bonding through basketball
Please note that throughout our sessions, girls are taught sport-specific terminology in order to help build their basketball vocabularies.
Pricing per participant for a 6-week program: $125.00
In partnership with:
Crescent Sports Club (CSC) is a women-run, not-for-profit organization providing high-quality athletic instruction and tournaments in safe spaces for Muslim girls and women. They believe that high-caliber training, coaching, and competition can have a transformative effect on all people–including students, young female professionals, and mothers. At CSC, they are dedicated to making such opportunities available to as many girls and women as possible. Their aim is to provide their services at a cost lower than other service providers in the Greater Toronto Area.