(Organised by Agile Singapore for Pat Kua)
This is a 3-hour online guided workshop that accelerates your tech leadership journey. This workshop will boost your skills, accelerate your career development, offer you tools and tricks to lead technical teams and guide you through the journey from maker to multiplier.
What will you learn?
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand what technical leadership is, and why it’s important for successful teams
- Explain what effective technical leadership looks like
- Describe your Technical Vision in depth
- Outline 8 foundation principles of effective technical leadership
- Identify the different behaviours of Makers and Multipliers
- Use 5 foundation skills that Multipliers draw upon a daily basis
Who is this for?
This workshop is specifically aimed at:
- Software engineers wanting to increase their influence
- Software engineers looking to transition into a Lead Developer, Tech Lead or Engineering Manager role
- Technical leaders early on their journey who want to quickly level up their skills
- Experienced technical leaders who want to refresh and refine their existing skills
What do you need for this workshop?
This is an online, interactive, fully remote workshop. For the best experience you will need:
- Internet – Good, reliable Internet access. Recommended minimum is 1Mb/s
- Computer – A computer with the ability to run Zoom and a web browser concurrently. Recommended minimum specifications include: CPU 2,8 GHz (dual-core i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent), 4GB RAM.
- Webcam and microphone – As there are group activities, it is recommended you have a webcam and microphone
- Video Conferencing Software – The workshop runs via Zoom. It is recommended you use the native Zoom client (i.e. not the web client).
- A modern Internet Browser – We will use a number of web-based tools. It is recommended you use one of the following: Chrome 52.0 or later, Firefox 52.0. or later, Safari 10 or later, Internet Explore 11 or later, Edge version 15 or later.
- Time – This workshop runs for 3 hours.
How does this workshop run?
Your trainer (Pat Kua) will guide you and your cohort through the workshop using a variety of methods optimised for a fully remote, digital world. Research shows that deeper learning occurs when you interact, apply and practice the material. This workshop draws upon short lectures, interactive polls, Q&A break outs, individual and group exercises and group discussions. Each of these elements are specifically designed to challenge you to put the content into action and you will get the most of this workshop by taking an active part.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Registrants who need to cancel must do so at least 7 days in advance before the workshop date.
- Cancellations made at least 7 days before the workshop will receive a refund minus a 5% administrative fee.
- Cancellations made in less than 7 days before the workshop will not receive a refund.
- Registrants may choose to send another person in their place. This will only be possible at least 7 days before the workshop.
To cancel or modify your registration, please contact email@example.com at least 7 days before the workshop date. No cancellations or modifications will be allowed within 7 days of the workshop.
The workshop host reserves the right to cancel or postpone the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. illness) or circumstances out of their control (e.g. Zoom video conferencing platform not working). In these circumstances, the host will refund the registration fee or offer a potential alternative date.