Voucher to be exchanged for a live virtual tour with Gavin Webb, London Blue Badge Tour Guide, to be given via Zoom at a mutually agreed time. Gavin was named Luxury Travel Guide's "London Tour Guide of the Year" in 2018 and 2019.
These tours combine images (photos, maps, paintings), Google Streetview, video and live commentary and last about 50 minutes with plenty of time afterwards for questions. The recipient of the voucher may choose from one of the following tours:
- The Development of London's Neighbourhoods - this is a mini history of London from the Romans to the current day looking at how the distinctive neighbourhoods came about and the impact on their diverse architecture.
- The Design and Building of St Paul's Cathedral - looking at the history and creation of this wonderful building with some of the most important things to see inside.
- Tales from the Tower of London - the history of its construction and stories of political prisoners, daring escapes, royal executions, the ravens, Crown Jewels etc.
- London's Customs and Ceremonies - a look at some of the unique ceremonies including Changing the Guard and Trooping the Colour as well as lesser known ones in the City of London.
- A Whitehall Wander - a virtual stroll down this historic street at the heart of government looking at the buildings and monuments en route, including the Banqueting House with its spectacular ceiling painted by Rubens, Horse Guards, Downing Street and the Cenotaph.
- Shakespeare’s London - travel back 400 years to see how London influenced his plays, what theatre was like then (and how do we know), as well as Shakespeare's legacy on theatre and language.
- Street Art in Shoreditch - Shoreditch in East London is one of the most famous centres for street art in the world. A vast open air gallery where artists from around the world want to come and make their mark. This virtual tour will help you recognise the unique styles of some of the most important figures working in street art today. As you will find out, there is much more than Banksy, from tiny figures to vast murals, this is a visual treat which hopefully will make you want to explore when it is permitted.
Price: £110 + £3 booking fee (to cover transaction costs)
Once booked, your confirmation will give instructions on how to contact Gavin to arrange a convenient time for your tour. Gavin will then email you the Zoom link which you may share with up to 10 people if you would like to invite friends or family to join your virtual tour.