Ticket orders are processed on our behalf by Ticket Tailor through our event ticket shop. Ticket Tailor has no direct relation with ticket buyers. If you have any questions about your tickets, our ticket shop, your order or otherwise relating to an event, please contact us, not Ticket Tailor. Likewise, if you would like us to amend or delete any of the personal data you have provided to us, please contact us, not Ticket Tailor.
You may be aware that from the 25 May 2018, all organisations are required to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (EU 2016/679). The Salters’ Institute has reviewed its Data Protection Policy.
SALTERS’ INSTITUTE PRIVACY STATEMENT UPDATED 25 MAY 2018
Your personal information will be stored safely and will remain secure at all times.
No personal information will be kept longer than necessary in order to fulfil the purpose it was collected for and if you ask us to it will be deleted.
We will always delete your personal information if requested by you to do so.
We will never pass your personal details to anyone outside the Salters’ Institute for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
No statistical information which identifies you personally will be published.
We will comply with GDPR 2018 and all other applicable laws and EU directives.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT USERS ON OUR WEBSITE
We collect information to provide you with a better experience of using our website and applications. In order to provide you with access to certain services or data within our website and applications we may ask you to provide certain personal information. This information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, subscriber name or screen name, password used to access our services or method of payment.
We collect data in the following ways:
• Collecting personal data when you register or update your personal details using online forms and accounts.
• Collecting other information from you from time to time as part of user experience surveys or questionnaires.
• Currently we do not track the home server domain names, IP addresses, type of visitor computer, type of web browser of visitors to our website. We do not track specific information on what pages our visitors access.
USING YOUR INFORMATION
The Salters’ Institute will process your data (e.g. your name, address, email address) in accordance with your rights under GDPR 2018. We may process your information in any number of ways including on our database which we use for the following purposes:
• To create an electronic record of your data to provide you with our newsletter.
• To process your application in respect of any of our projects or award schemes.
• To administer and manage the services we make available to you.
• To compile attendance lists for distribution to attendees at our events or to advertise future events.
• To notify you of similar projects.
• For user account administration within the Salters’ Institute.
• To assist us with statistical analysis, compliance/regulatory reporting, to detect and prevent fraud and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
• We will not communicate with you, on behalf of other organisations, unless we have specifically asked your permission to do so.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We take our obligations and responsibilities regarding protecting your privacy very seriously and therefore we exercise great care to protect the information we collect about you unless legally obliged to share it.
We will share your information outside the Salters’ Institute to service providers who are required to keep confidential and secure the personal information received from us and may not use it for any other purposes other than as originally intended.
Service providers include:
• host universities of the Festivals of Chemistry.
• members of a Salters’ Award Selection Panel.
COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES AND CHANGES TO PERSONAL DETAILS
There are a number of methods available to you in order to change your preferences to correct or update your personal information at any time by:
• Clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email newsletter you receive from us.
• Contacting the member of the administrative team where a correction is required.
• Contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
RIGHT TO REQUEST A CORRECTION
You can request that we correct or update your personal data at any time to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS
If you write to us with a request you will have a right, within 1 month of your request, to be provided with a copy of all personal information we hold about you.
RIGHT TO ERASURE
We may be required to archive your personal information, however, we will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it and only in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances i.e. where the purpose for collecting your personal information no longer exists and we are not obliged to retain all or any part of your personal information for legal reasons.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
OUR RIGHT TO CHANGE THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our data information practices. We will indicate when it was most recently updated. We recommend that you read the Privacy Statement whenever you visit our website so that you are aware of any changes.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org